Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

As VectorScript developer

Possibly interested to operate (again) as a VectorScript developer, now I wander if there is any provision for updating my (old, 8.5) license according with the here stated aim; that is: as a developer, not as an ordinary VW user. No wander if not, I'd just like to know. And I dare asking it here as this same question sent to Sales<at>vectorworks<dot>net has been so far ignored. Thanks.

Please consider that, for efficiency reasons, I'd really appreciate actual, usable information; I mean, no generic although generous suggestions, such as “Why you don't try ...?” Thank you, sincerely. Yours,

- P.M.

Thanks for your answers.

Plus I forgot to specify that such an upgrading request—I mean, as a developer, not as an ordinary user, if any difference—have I already sent directly to some VW dealers / resellers here around too, of course.

Now, curious to see the result, if any...

Thanks. See you.

- P.M.

Neither Diehl Graphsoft or Nemetsheck by any name has never had any serious  interest in nurturing or supporting 3rd party developers.

Well, actually, in ancient times when DG's support forum was on CompuServe, even Rich Diehl himself occasionally helped aspiring developers and the then MiniPascal macros were open code for anyone to learn from. Then everything changed. 

4 hours ago, Urbanist said:

never ...  interest in ... developers.

Well, actually, in ancient times ... Then everything changed. 

I know what you mean, and I can confirm your description by direct experience. It was precisely to verify if any changes have intervened that recently I begun following again this forum, so that I've been impressed by how collaborative and helpful this community revealed to be.

Well, it would be a pleasure for me, as a senior programmer–I mean, not an ordinary CAD user, but an almost “pure” developer–, to re-join somehow this community and offer my collaboration, for what it may be worth. Problem is that my last VW rev. is the legacy 8.5 (original standard English, not localized), and no dealer has so far payed any attention to my special request for updating.

Any practical suggestion welcome. Yours,

- P.M.

Thank you.

I came here to verify how an almost “pure” VectorScript developer, as I am (I was), could now fit into the current VW community, so to possibly renew my legacy license. Answers so far received, both public and private, both from fellow users and distributors, are revealing of real help.

Thank you.

- P.M.