Site model labels showing fraction

HI everyone
It seems to be site model challenge week. Previously had a challenge creating this site model, seem like the contours now have a fraction assigned to them as shown in the  image, site model settings are also shown.  Has anyone seen this before? I'm sure there is an easy fix. Thanks :)

ps just fixed this...it seems when you edit the label position that it will change the label appearance (fraction, decimal or not) based on your units setting. This seems odd to me as this is a first...

site model labels.png

site model labels1.png

Edited by J. Wallace
Issue fixed

Did you resolve this?

I found a few ways to force a site model to report fractions. 1st idea below is most likely culprit.

1. Change in document units automatically converts the contour interval (view this in OIP>Site Model Settings) to the equivalent value in the new units, probably resulting in a non integer (eg meters to feet)
  2. Site Model OIP elevation field value shows the elevation relative to layer plane and adjusts the contour labels.
  3. Site Model>Site Model Settings> "Start Contour Offset" field adjusts the contour labels.
  4. Site Model>Site Model Settings> "Minor Contour Interval" field adjusts the contour labels.

A spot check of the source data z values might reveal something, but I think source data position only affects the position of the major/minor contours, rather than the interval. ie if the source data has a contour at 5.1 meters, and the site model contour interval is set to meters, the site model would "create" a virtual contour at 5 meters. This virtual 5m contour would not be coincident with the 5.1m source contour.

Layer plane elevation does not affect the contour values in my tests.

-B

Feet to Meters.png

SiteModle_OIPz.png

Start Contour Offset.png

MINOR INTERVAL.png

• Like 1

Yes I figured a work around @Benson Shawthanks. For some reason if I switch units from feet to feet/inches I have to disable fractions in the rounding precision box or my contours have the 1/2" added to their readings. Really appreciate your help. It seemed my week was full of new site models for propject start ups, and you really helped out. Thanks very much.

site model labels3.png

site model labels4.png

That's good, @J. Wallace!  I wonder if the 1/2" fraction indicates some other small discrepancy, eg the minor interval is not a whole number? Change to whole number should eliminate the fraction and allow greater precision value for units in other parts of the drawing. 

Just curious - Wouldn't a Nanaimo site usually require metric dims rather than foot/inch? I'm guessing project proponents want descriptions in both metric and foot/inch? Anyway, congrats for acquiring several projects even it it means some work with the dialog boxes.

-B

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...