Viewports not updated during publish process

grant_PD

Question

Several times in files, when publishing, VW will declare success. But upon looking through the published pdfs, there are often viewports that VW just didn't update.  This is always because the viewport is something hard, like a rendered shot or a complicated section.  Clearly VW reaches some sort of threshold in computation and then just bails.  

-This should be fixed. 

-VW should at least be able to say: "The following viewports were not able to be updated automatically.  Please update manually and republish."  Which is what I have to do anyway, it would just be nice to know that VW failed.

7 answers to this question

I am having a similar issue--my published documents are only including foreground Hidden Line renders, overlaid on top of background Custom Renderworks.  Basically, it isn't showing all the pretty work in the render in the viewport when I go to pubish.

Any one have any workarounds?  I have updated the viewports and checked the boxes . . . no luck.

Thank you!

Rafi