Buy SmartPaste

Tom Klaber

Question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is GREAT news, @GioPet!!!

I know (all too well) how difficult it can be to recoup the time involved to develop and maintain third party products.  I encourage all Vectorworks users to make a lot of noise about ones they like.  Don't make them you secret weapon to gain a competitive advantage over other Vectorworks users because it will most likely result in the product being abandoned and incompatible (due to poor sales).  So help get the word out whenever you can.  Listing them along with your Vectorworks version in your signature is a great easy way to start!  🙂  Believe me... every little bit helps.  While Vectorworks, Inc. does have a place for third party products to be listed on our website, I think we can (and hope to) do better as well.

• Like 3
On 3/25/2020 at 3:19 PM, Matt Panzer said:

This is GREAT news, @GioPet!!!

I know (all too well) how difficult it can be to recoup the time involved to develop and maintain third party products.  I encourage all Vectorworks users to make a lot of noise about ones they like.  Don't make them you secret weapon to gain a competitive advantage over other Vectorworks users because it will most likely result in the product being abandoned and incompatible (due to poor sales).  So help get the word out whenever you can.  Listing them along with your Vectorworks version in your signature is a great easy way to start!  🙂  Believe me... every little bit helps.  While Vectorworks, Inc. does have a place for third party products to be listed on our website, I think we can (and hope to) do better as well.

If you are looking for a edge over just VW users - you are thinking too small :). 

But I agree.  The battle is fierce - and if VW is going to remain relevant, it is going to take all of working together to keep each other and the program competitive. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thank you for following up with this post.

We have finally concluded the SmartPaste update for compatibility with VW2019 and 2020, while we have started working on 2021 compatibility only after its release last week - which will keep us busy for another couple of weeks.

The 2019/2020 update will be released next week, so please sign up to the newsletter to be notified further.

Please note that with this update, the Basic version of SmartPaste will be discontinued.

Existing customers with a working license of SmartPaste Pro, will be able to update to the latest version with their current license.

For anyone following this Post, but not currently a SmartPaste user, I’m offering 20% Discount with the following Code :
VW_COMMUNITY

Thank you all again for supporting SmartPaste and I’ll appreciate any help with spreading awareness of this plugin!

all the best for now.

Giovanni

Edited by GioPet
  • Like 2

Just a quick question. 

If I am reading your note correctly, for licensed SmartPaste users, (not PRO), it will cost £50 to upgrade to upgrade to PRO.  Is there an option for upgrading to a "non-PRO" version of SmartPaste?  Or is the mid-tier version the one that will be discontinued?  Will that allow you to upgrade to VW2021?

1129918800_ScreenShot2020-09-22at11_40_56AM.thumb.png.a8f70ecbb251d3aaacf6cdcef83b5094.png

Edited by cberg

Hi @cberg,

indeed it's the 'mid-tier' version that will be discontinued.

The upgrade to SmartPaste Pro will be valid to be used on 2021 as well.

Hi @Tom Klaber

SmartPaste Pro is BIM compliant - in other words it can process the classes contained within BIM components (Plug-In-Objects) such as Walls, Slabs, Doors, Windows etc

these are not handled with the standard SmartPaste functionality.

In addition to that,  SmartPaste Pro can be usied in conjunciton with Uniclass class naming which is otherwise not processed by SmartPaste.

We have recognised that these tools are often the norm in a Vectorworks workflow, even on projects which are not strictly BIM, and acknowledge that the historic separation between SmartPaste and SmartPaste Pro doesn't reflect the current standard practice.

I hope that explains?

Hi all,

after a few weeks of stop due to health reasons,

I am glad to announce that we have just pushed the release SmartPaste 3.4.5!

@Tom Klaber I confirm SmartPaste is now fully compatible with Vectorworks 2019, 2020 and 2021 - on MacOS and Windows!

as well as all previous versions down to VW2014.

Thank you all for the interest expressed in SmartPaste so far!

We'll appreciate any help with spreading the news on this release!

all the best for now

Giovanni

• Like 2

Hi @GioPet,

I downloaded the trial version. Installing it in my german version of Vectorworks is causing an error. The Workspace is broken afterwards. I can though manually add the commands in the workspace editor. If helpful I could send you a private message with a video file of my installation procedure.

Regards,

elepp

• Like 1

Hi @elepp

thanks for letting me know of this, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Please send us a video at support@smartpaste.co.uk and we'll look into the problem.

We've rarely ecountered cases of workspace corruption - usually on a workspace that was converted from older versions of VW.

As note - even if the installer is unable to add SmartPaste to your Workspace, the Plugin will still be added to the Plugin Manager, so you can edit you Workpsace and  add SmartPaste manually.

if it helps, see these steps to edit your workspace: https://youtu.be/KWMPSm3uCKg

When working with SmartPaste, it's usually recommended to assign the typical shortcuts for 'Cut' 'Copy' 'Paste' and 'Paste In Place' to the SmartPaste equivalent.

Regards

Giovanni

Edited by GioPet
  • Like 1

@matteoluigi  thank you for reporting that.

We have also found that the installer fails if the workspace file (.vww) has been renamed, thus creating a mismatch bewteen the filename and the fileheader.

To check the fileheader, simply open the .vww file with a simple text editor - line 2.

[and make sure not to edit the vww file with the text editor as you can break the workspace]