other forums to get help with vectorworks

Jeff Prince

Question

6 answers to this question

I don't what your discipline is. Mine is lighting design and there is a User Group on Facebook that covers that. Can't recommend anything specifically though as the chat is a little bit "shouty"! This forum is the best and most supportive forum I have ever used for anything, not just Vectorworks. Just ask a question and you will normally get an answer within a matter of a couple of hours, sometimes minutes!

Try at first to keep your questions short and to the point and if possible include some screen shots. Better still, the file you are working on if you are happy to share.

The first thing that helps a lot is to fill in your signature so other users know what specific version of VW you have and also for the more tech minded folk, the spec of the computer you are using.

@JimW I would encourage NV to put some pressure on the internal Landscape Architecture experts to spend more time on the forums :D. There's an awful lot of Landscape Architecture questions on here... unfortunately its not my area of expertise so I can't really help....

There's also a marketing/internal lobbying opportunity here :) -

3 hours ago, markdd said:

This forum is the best and most supportive forum I have ever used for anything, not just Vectorworks. Just ask a question and you will normally get an answer within a matter of a couple of hours, sometimes minutes!

(Sorry markdd to take advantage, but I agree entirely and I think the forums are worth promoting!)

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Like 1