filip

line devision tool in 2017 version is gone?

I made the step from 2012 tot 2017

and I don't see the line devision tool anymore,

I use this tool a lot.

Can some help

Filip Bosscher

Are you looking for Even Divide or Line into Segments? These are menu commands found under Modify<Drafting Aids in newer versions of VW.

Kevin

Just now, Kevin McAllister said:

Are you looking for Even Divide or Line into Segments? These are menu commands found under Modify<Drafting Aids in newer versions of VW.

Kevin

^ This was my thinking as well, but I can't remember if that existed in 2012. Might you possibly be looking for the Split tool? It's found in the Basic palette and looks like a small scalpel.

If you can show a screenshot of the tool from 2012 I'm sure we can find it, i don't think any line/line editing related tools have been removed in a long time.

Just now, JimW said:

^ This was my thinking as well, but I can't remember if that existed in 2012. Might you possibly be looking for the Split tool? It's found in the Basic palette and looks like a small scalpel.

If you can show a screenshot of the tool from 2012 I'm sure we can find it, i don't think any line/line editing related tools have been removed in a long time.

Line into Segments or the equivalent has been around for a long time but I believe moving these items into the "Drafting Aids" submenu is relatively recent. They used to be a grouping of menu items in the root Modify menu.

Kevin

Dear addicts and experts,

you showed me the good direction,

thanks 

Filip Bosscher

• Like 1