Text Distorting in Rendered Viewport

Hi All, was wondering if anybody has had any issues similar to what I'm having.  I've got symbols which have text boxes in Layer Plane as part of the symbol, which look fine in my design layer in any rendering style.  However, when rendered in a viewport on a sheet layer the text box if off center and half of it is missing.  This happened no matter what scale the viewport was in.  Let me know if anybody has any ideas, thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The fastest way to get around that will be using Text > Convert  Text to Polyline, and then extruding that text so that it is a real 3D object, then you'll have full control over it. I have seen a lot of issues related to simple text objects not functioning when placed in a 3D environment. OpenGL seems to handle this better but I have seen it fail there as well. 

2 minutes ago, JimW said:

The fastest way to get around that will be using Text > Convert  Text to Polyline, and then extruding that text so that it is a real 3D object, then you'll have full control over it. I have seen a lot of issues related to simple text objects not functioning when placed in a 3D environment. OpenGL seems to handle this better but I have seen it fail there as well. 

Thanks!  That makes a lot of sense, I'm sure that will work I'll give it a try!