Ability to set Class of Redline Tool

Christiaan

Question

3 answers to this question

That's handy, thanks, learnt something new today. It seems to work even for a document where redlines have already been used, although I had to manually change the class of existing redlines.

It doesn't allow for on-the-fly change of class but fixes my immediate problem, ta.

Will this become a document preference? So if somebody else adds redlines it will use the class I've chosen, or do I need to update their Plug-ins as well?

Sadly not. Its a machine specific customisation. You are right though, although I rarely use this tool, the ability to assign document-wide classing for specific objects would be a great help. As a Spotlight user I have done this on a number of objects in the toolset to as not all the preset settings for tools are how I end up using them. Lighting Position objects and Ganging objects are two for a start-off...... It's great that you can customise the tools this way. I wish you could do a little more.