Attributes Palette no longer shows any colours

conceptzero

Question

Hi

I hope someone can help..

I have been working on a file for a couple of days, and suddenly this morning, I went to change the colour of a 2d rectangle, and I am unable to choose a different colour.  When I click on the solid fill colour in the palette the menu bar at the top of the screen greys out but the colour selector does not appear.  I have tried this with other files & restarted my machine  and the same is happening.  I can change the fill to a pattern, and change the pattern but not the colour.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Jon

3 answers to this question

Thanks Mark, 

I just switched the workspace from Architect to Fundamentals, and the colour pallets are back|!

Is there a way of restoring the Architect Workspace, or do I need to go through and edit the workspace setup to try and get it back to my original setup?

We have it on another machine, is it possible to transfer the workspaces from one machine to the next?

Many thanks

Jon

Short answer is YES. Before you do that though, go back to the problem workspace and check it's not OK now. If not, then close the attributes palette and reopen it. If that doesn't restore functionality then you can copy the workspace from your other machine. It is in the Vectorworks application folder under Workspaces.  Copy it and rename it to something you will easily recognise and put it in the workspace folder of your Vectorworks user folder. You can find that by opening preferences, going to the user folder tab and pressing the Reveal in Finder button. (These are OSX instructions, I believe it varies slightly on PC).

Then restart VW and in your Tools, Workspaces dialogue box just select the new workspace that you added. That SHOULD do it!

• Like 1