Crop Visible

asish

Question

Hi everyone,

I am have problem with crop visible, when I print drawing by using publish or by separate page I can see the crop visible around the drawing which I view ported to sheet layer. On the object info palette I have crop visible as unchecked but still I can see it when it’s print drawings. I don’t see on my sheet layer only when I print the drawing. And I also see this when I export it as PDF, I don’t see it on the drawing I only see it when I print it.

This happens to some of my drawings not all the time. I don’t know what Iam doing wrong.

It’s not my printer, I have send drawings to Architects for review and receive drawings back with crop visible on the drawing, and I always been asked what program I use……

Can someone please help?

Attached are some drawings which I send it to Architects for approval and received the drawings back with comments and this crop visible all over the drawing.

Drawings_Reveive_From_Architects_For_Comments_0.pdf

Same Drawings I send For Approval.pdf

12 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Could you have inadvertently added the Crop Object to the Annotation layer? I've sometimes used the crop & pasted in place in Annotation to manage some fills & boundaries & forgotten it.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your comments’ I use Acrobat Reader DC to print, this happens on our print as well. I can’t understand why is only happens to some of my drawings file not all.

Yea my original file looks find in both PDF and windows preview.

Another tip may help you, when I print a small size drawing (A4) I dont see this. I always print drawings in A3 size paper in which I see this Crop visible.

Edited by asish
4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Could you have inadvertently added the Crop Object to the Annotation layer? I've sometimes used the crop & pasted in place in Annotation to manage some fills & boundaries & forgotten it.

HI Jim

I don’t use Annotation layer.

4 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Are your viewports in a Class with other things?

Kevin

Hi Kevin.

I don’t know what you really mean .can you please be more specific.

In older vision of VW we used to uncheck the viewport line as a non-plot on our sheet layer, but in this new VW we don’t this anymore. If this what you  are trying to say.   

36 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I'm referring to the Class assignment of the Viewport (red box). It sounds like you're asking about Crop visibility (green box). Maybe post a screen shot like mine that shows the information for one of your viewports that's showing up in the PDF as a crop box.

Kevin

5994a85061817_ScreenShot2017-08-16at1_15_40PM.png.689a34099f1ea27987fd9a9503129ec5.png

Screenshot 2017-08-17 08.44.08.jpg

Screenshot 2017-08-17 08.43.29.png

Edited by asish

I have been having the same issue for the past year . I tried reinstalling windows, switching printers (Canon and HP) . Its not a PDF issue because it happens when i print direclty from VW. I think there is some problem with the way that vectorworks is talking to postscript. If you rasterize your PDF and then print the issue disappears.