Marionette Tool

AlanW

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi @Alan Woodwell

I don't mean to suggest you don't already know this, but I thought there's a chance you don't so will share it in case it is helpful. For persistent or reoccurring behavioural issues in Vectorworks that recurs despite restarting and that are not exclusive to existing files; the 'Resetting Vectorworks Preferences' process is often necessary and usually resolves it. Just be sure to back up your Vectorworks User Folder beforehand as this process will remove it. And don't put it back in place until you've verified if the issue is resolved because the issue may originate within the User Folder. (Although I've not encountered this for a long time. (Or ever?)) 

Here's are links to: 

Backing up your Vectorworks User Folder: 

Resetting Vectorworks Preferences: 

On 8/14/2017 at 5:59 PM, Alan Woodwell said:

Hi, Just recently when I select the Marionette tool it locks the program (not Responding) have to close program and restart, occasionally i can use the tool but generally not. Any preferences of files i can delete to restore this tool to working order again??

It's a mutiny Alan, I think you're running it too hard and those nodes have been conspiring for a break. I don't know of anyone outside VW HQ who pushes this as hard as you.. Perhaps delete the VW preferences and promise to play within the envelope and they'll play nice again.

Hi @Alan Woodwell , if Resetting Vectorworks Preferences didn't work, the next thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall Vectorworks. It sounds like one of your Marionette plugin source files altered/corrupt. As it might take you longer to manually fiddle around and test them, it's just easier and quicker to download the latest installer and put it back in fresh. 

Even though the official uninstall program (in your Vectorworks Program Folder) will offer to preserve your User Folder, it will be prudent to back it up before running the uninstaller. That way you can safely replace it with a new one as part of the whole uninstall/reinstall process in order to be thorough. After testing a fresh installation, if there's no issues, then put your User Folder back and see if the issue returns then. 

Edited by Jeremy Best