Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

VectorScript Tech. Documentation

Once upon a time I mastered VectorScript programming (legacy ver. 8.5), now I'd like to know what happened meantime [I could reconsider...]. Therefore:

Any idea where/how to get complete & updated tech. documentation of this language? I mean, printed documentation [I'm an old fashioned, nostalgic printed-paper lover...], without still buying the whole package. Thanks!

Yours,

- P.M.

Edited by Studio-PM
[I first forgot to specify "printed documentation", crucial...]

What is officially available is located here:  http://www.vectorworks.net/support/custom

But that is only current through VW 2015.

Try contacting your sales contact and ask them to send you the following documents so you can do a full evaluation before purchase. Hard copies have not been available in a long time. You will have to print yourself. The Function Reference is a hyperlinked document and would be "interesting" to print into a useable format.

Vectorscript Function Reference as HTML

Vectorscript Function Reference Appendix as HTML.

You want to versions of all of the above from the  VWHelp folder in Applications/Vectorworks 2017/VWHelp/Script Reference. You want the entire Script Reference folder.

The Vectorscript Language Guide is available for download from http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VectorScript#Language_Guide. But his has a copyright of 2013 so it is a little out of date also.  There are a number of useful things on that same page/site, but again they are mostly for VW2015/2016 so not the most recent. I used to use the online version of the function reference, but have switched to the local both for speed of access and to have the most recent info, but I still access developer.vectorworrks.net to check out the annotated function reference if I am having trouble.

Hope this helps.

Pat

14 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

your sales contact 

Hope this helps.

Pat

> Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does. Indeed, so far, just one element is still missing, precisely:

> your sales contact

As a developer I've experienced here around a generalized indifference, if not hostility, for such “peculiar” kind of user. Therefore now I'm looking for:

A contact with the original (English) source of the product [a mail sent to Sales@vectorworks.net has been so far ignored...];

Best of all would be now to become somehow loosely and fairly associated with a team of other developers, so to deal as a group/association, not as an isolated free-lance as I am, o more precisely, as I actually was [now I'm simply re-considering]. Any idea? Thanks.

Yours,

- P.M.