Is there a Release Date for 2018?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
18 minutes ago, zoomer said:

"And now for those who still not watched our presentation videos and

our VW 2018 web presentation during the last week,

here is again our What's new in VW 2018"

:D

Way more to discuss in a version than can be covered in a handful of feature vids, as many here know and have expressed in the past.

If I were to guess the release date, I'm pulled in two directions. Traditionally its been a Tuesday. I guess Tuesday the 19th is a possibility as its the first day of the Design Summit. There is a keynote scheduled, but its only an hour. I feel like if this was the big reveal it would be given time/space around it. Many of the attendees will be people who download and play with a new release right away so watching someone talk about it while others out in the world are actually downloading/playing with it seems counterintuitive to me. It also feels like it might derail some of the other sessions later in the day. And its likely many of the distributors are attendees so it would be hard for them to support a roll out away from their home offices.

So.... I feel like it might be Tuesday the 12th. Get it out there in the world, let people play with it and then have a focussed audience at the Design Summit.

Kevin

24 minutes ago, JimW said:

Way more to discuss in a version than can be covered in a handful of feature vids, as many here know and have expressed in the past.

Was just kidding.

Looks like there are 4 or 5 What's new presentations beside the example presentations and courses.

I needed half a year until I played with and could remember all What's new in VW 2017.

Tuesday was always an Apple release date, so that could deliver their stores with the new products

on Monday. As they went to announce products that still do not exist they went to Monday.

Since VW does no more rely on CDs or DVDs anymore, I think they are also free with release days

in week.

Too short in front of a week end may risk the Australians already being out of their offices and at

their barbecue parties.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 minute ago, zoomer said:

more and more relaxed developers re-appearing on in threads,

Haha they really do become different people once crunch time starts to let up. This year engineering and marketing AND sales all had crunches around the same time with the summit so close to release, bit chaotic but it was fantastic how fast we could get things done when all departments were all hands on deck during the same period.