Resource browser 3D objects appearing in 2D thumbnails

Hi all,

Recently observing some weird occurrences on my resource browser - if you look at the attachment, the 3D objects in my hybrid symbol are appearing on my 2D thumbnails.

Any idea if there are some settings that I might have accidentally tweaked that causes such a display? As you can see, I have already "Set Thumbnail View" to "Top/Plan"

I am currently on VWX2017 Spotlight SP3 as I have a few ongoing projects and would prefer not to risk upgrading to SP4 midway, but this thumbnail is beginning to irritate - enough for me to post this here.

Happy weekend,

Gabriel

2D_and_3D_thumbnails.JPG

4 minutes ago, markdd said:

I like your thinking! However, couldn't the same be said of simple extrudes. (The path of an EAP is also converted to a NURBS curve during the command) It's interesting to know that it is EAP's that seem to have this issue.

True true... simple extrudes also do have a root 2D object. Indeed I just went back and replaced all the symbols with EAP objects in the 3D symbol with simple extrude objects and the thumbnails all now display correctly in their Top/Plan view. So yes we might have narrowed it down to the NURBS side of things, which I am not as familiar but definitely slowly exploring :)

Is there a way to submit this as a bug?

Gabriel

Please submit a bug. I created some examples and submitted as well. Its not limited to lighting symbols as it occurs within any hybrid symbol I create containing an EAP. It seems to be dependent upon stacking order. A possible workaround would be to enter the 3d component of your symbol, select all and choose Send to Back. This maintains your geometry in its current state but masks the issue for now.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister

I'll try submitting the bug end of the month, once I get my two projects out of the way. Currently on SP3 and one of the requirements of bug submission it seems is that I have to be on the latest SP. Not keen on upgrading with two drafting projects mid way. Out of curiosity, do they still occur on SP4?

Gabriel

2 hours ago, Gabriel Chan said:

I'll try submitting the bug end of the month, once I get my two projects out of the way. Currently on SP3 and one of the requirements of bug submission it seems is that I have to be on the latest SP. Not keen on upgrading with two drafting projects mid way. Out of curiosity, do they still occur on SP4?

Gabriel

I'm seeing it with SP4. I submitted it because the sooner we get it into the mix, the sooner it will be fixed. If no one is looking for it, it would probably show up in VW2018.

KM