Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Substract from a duplicate along path object

the frog

hello all

Thanks to DomC my building a frame script is working well. I have started to carve the frame.

Here comes the tricky part. To make it work I use the duplicate along path via symbols.

My frame is built via path extrude. So the object I want to cut is from path extrude and the cutting object is coming from duplicate. When I apply the solid Boolean node (substract) nothing happens. I have all my objects but no cut.

Of course to be sure I wasn’t making mistakes I tried with 2 normal objects and it worked. It is impossible de substract a normal object from the duplicate along path and impossible to cut a normal object from an object madre from the duplicate along path .

Are the objects built from duplicate or path extrude not real objects and unbreakable, or is it because they are built from symbols? :S

Thanks Marissa

Would it mean that the french version is not uprading all the nodes!!! I made the change ± 3 weeks ago as asked when I received the post from Cesyam or do you have a SP5?

just tried your node. It is not changing the problem. If you go to the resulting object in 2d only the cutting part is seen. As soon as I path extrude the object becomes transparent and not cut by my "flowers". If I switch the node to a normal extrude to test I have the good result (a nice solid frame)

Capture d’écran 2017-08-11 à 15.45.31.png

Capture d’écran 2017-08-11 à 15.57.29.png

Capture d’écran 2017-08-11 à 15.57.16.png

Edited by the frog
captures too big in the page

Is there a way to find out from your side with the french what is going on?

So what you get are holes in the frame  unbelievable :(

I don't know what to do (go and have a drink...)

Seriously if someone else (another country) can test I’ll be happy to have some backup

Edited by the frog