VectorWorks 2017 Running slow

Hey all

Since I've switched over to spotlight 2017 the program has been very laggy.  When I go to select fixtures in succession (shift+click) or try to assign circuits to multi heads the cursor follows behind much slower than when I click and will even sometimes miss something I clicked on.  Also the info box sometimes can take up to 3 or 4 seconds to populate.  My computer has some pretty good specs as far as I know but I could be mistaken.  If anyone has advice or pc configuration tips it would be appreciated.  I should note I am having these issues in top/plot view.

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti (dual cards linked)

Processor: Intel i7-3960X  3.3 GHz

Ram: 32 Gb PC 12800

OS Drive: SSD

Resolution:1920x1080

Edited by crancourt

This helps a bit but I feel with the specs on my computer there should be no problems drawing light plots, the problem may stem from the fact my base drawing is almost always an imported DWG of a large hotel ballroom.  Is there a way for VW to better handle this type of import?  

Can you put that imported base drawing on a different layer/class, and turn it off temporarily, to see if the problem remains?

I've had similar issues in 2017, not in top/plan but in 3d views, where I have a complex symbol (usually imported, and an over-detailed mesh). In certain operations, when I move the cursor in front of one of those symbols, everything slows down, often resulting in a temporary hang. Hiding the symbol stops it. I now have a special saved view that hides all complex symbols. Not a very satisfactory to have to work. Hasn't been acknowledged by VW as an issue as far as I know.