Edit Worksheet Criteria

Hello,

I have a worksheet that functions as a "Sheet Index" and I'm trying to simplify the criteria that shows the active sheets. Presently my sheets have a numbering system that places an "X-number" and when I ready to have them show up on the Index, I change the X-number to a letter different than X. The only way I have been able to make the sheets no so the I recalculate is to add the criteria (Layer/is not/X-and the exact number) for each sheet. I Would like to be able to specify all the "X-" and have them not show with a single criteria. I have tried Name, Field value etc.. but haven't figured out how to make this work.

I'm asking this because for some reason the edit criteria dialog window will no longer let me keep doing this. It's seems to have a reached a limit to the number of criteria of 25, because if I try doing this for some additional sheets I have recently added the function no longer continues to work. 

Thanks in advance 

There is a "secret" way to do this.

1.  Right click on the database header - choose Edit Criteria

2.  Cancel

3. Look in the formula bar.  You will see the raw database info.  ie.  L='layer name' will be where the GUI has the pulldowns for Layer = whatever.

4. Replace 'X-number' with 'X-*'

the asterisk will be a "wildcard" and the database will accept anything that starts with X-.  I think it works on everything except for layers.

• Like 1