Exporting Image File.....

I've been wanting to export drawings for my website in JPEG format. Drawings are typical blueprint size, 2' x 3'. It seems, when I do, they appear only partially, maybe one quarter of the entire drawing is shown. Is there a pixel or file size restriction when using VW 9.5.2? Is it true that VW10 exports into JPEG in a much improved way? Any information on this topic of exporting drawings for website use would be appreciated. For now, I'm taking screen snapshots, cropping and using, but feel as if the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Thank you.

On a Mac G4 OS9.2.2

www.kenzerfurniture.com

When exporting, the default pixel size results in about a 72 dpi image.

You should add 1000 or so to each of the pixels (width and height) to ensure a higher quality image. You can of course, go higher as well.

In VW 9, all visible objects on the screen will be included in the export. If you set it to a perspective view, only objects visible within the perspective window frame will export.

In the actual export image dialog box, make sure you have a high quality level selected. Click on the button to the right of the drop down including all the image types.

If you have memory problems as a result of exporting the image as a jpg for quality, you can export as a png, which is a compressed image. It has even better quality than a jpg and supports more compression than a jpg.

VW 10 on the other hand, allows you to marquee select what you want to export, or you can select current view. You can also export all visible objects, just as in version 9.

quote:

Originally posted by skfurn:

I've been wanting to export drawings for my website in JPEG format.

By far, the best results with maximum control come from a slightly convoluted process: print as PDF, open in PhotoShop, save as JPEG.

In OS 9, there is the excellent alternative of using Print2Pict to create GIFs, which, for my money, are just as good as JPEGs, if not better.

And if control is not a huge issue, screen shots are not a bad method, either, taken to PhotoShop or whatever you have, for cropping etc.