Tom Klaber

Twinmotion Plugin + Sync

Question

Here comes another awesome release!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/31/2018 at 6:42 PM, Jim Wilson said:

The only "bad" news about Lumion is that it's Windows only, Twinmotion however is Mac/Windows.

However, they are both very similar tools, and I would suspect that establishing a workflow and/or plugin with one would benefit the others directly.

The bad news is debatable, cause most Macs come with integrated GPUs or very basic dedicated GPUs, I would say it´s bad news for people with iMac Pros, the rest of us will have a very poor performance with twinmotion unless we go the external (eGPU) route, a very expensive route... 

Edited by arqteran

47 minutes ago, arqteran said:

The bad news is debatable, cause most Macs come with integrated GPUs or very basic dedicated GPUs, I would say it´s bad news for people with iMac Pros, the rest of us will have a very poor performance with twinmotion unless we go the external (eGPU) route, a very expensive route... 

Very true and a real concern. I'll try to test this so I can make hardware recommendations once I get my hands on a twinmotion license.

1 hour ago, arqteran said:

18 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

Very true and a real concern. I'll try to test this so I can make hardware recommendations once I get my hands on a twinmotion license.

Except that the underlying Unreal Engine in Twinmotion directly supports Metal so the performance may be better than you think.

Kevin

• Like 3

I have yet to come close to maxing out the GPU in my iMac Pro, so I welcome the challenge of taking screenshots of renders in real time vs staring at the spinning beach ball of death as a single core of my CPU grinds away at 80% of what I do.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

I was also originally much more interested in Lumion as the output looks to be better, although Twinmotio's ain't too shabby 😉 

I migrated my interest to Twinmotion doe to the fact we are a Mac office.  I would love to hear that Lumion change its tune on Mac support.  It also souds like it better supports props as billboards.  Interested to hear more about those if you get to them Jim!

Gregg

20 hours ago, NikF said:

Please find enclosed some Lumion 9 renderings based on VW 2018.

I'm still waiting for a Vectorworks LiveSynch as well for Lumion 9.

So, please keep on asking this topic at the Lumion Forum (Lumion has to program that plugin): https://forum.lumion.com/index.php! --> WE NEED PLEASE A LIVE SYNCH FOR VECTORWORKS!

Hi Nikolaus,

Thanks for reminding me, have posted in the lumion forum requests, and an enhancement request here too (VE-99304 @Jim Wilson

I guess we can just keep knocking till the door opens 😀

Cheers,

Tui