Twinmotion Plugin + Sync

Tom Klaber

Question

@Hans-Olav How are you toggling between changing a single item or everything of a texture at once?

On 6/6/2019 at 2:41 AM, Hans-Olav said:
On 8/22/2019 at 7:03 PM, Hans-Olav said:

Hi

I have usually organised my models by texture in VW. Some textures are ok as they are and others are better in TM and I replace them after importing. 

You can decide in TM if you want to change one item or all items of a texture 

se TN help video

Edited by Haydenovative

Really like the abilities of twinmotion, but I cannot find a way to rotate the material when replacing with twinmotion's stock materials, for instance the roofing slates are running side to side in some cases (90 degrees to what is required), I have checked all of the menus but it is not obvious how to get the desired image.

Watched all of the brilliant video's.

Have I missed something? 

@sak1850 I just posted another 45 Min project based Twinmotion Tutorial showing the direct link with SketchUP. Vectorworks already works well using the .C4D Export and .FBX etc, but a direct link form vectorworks is essential to make the process more seamless and simple for the average user. I really hope that the Vectorworks Direct link is made available by VW/ Unreal soon. Please let me know what you all think?

• Like 2

I would love a VW to Twinmotion plug in. I can't really make use of Twinmotion without one, too much of the time my designs require revisions and it doesn't make sense to redo TM work. Meanwhile, I can do some pretty good renderings in RenderWorks but they lack the punch of a renderer like TM and I feel like I'm falling behind; I need to kick it up a few notches and the plug in would give me that opportunity.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, chaz said:

I would love a VW to Twinmotion plug in. I can't really make use of Twinmotion without one, too much of the time my designs require revisions and it doesn't make sense to redo TM work. Meanwhile, I can do some pretty good renderings in RenderWorks but they lack the punch of a renderer like TM and I feel like I'm falling behind; I need to kick it up a few notches and the plug in would give me that opportunity.

Yeah - we felt the same way.  We could not really put our finger on it - but Renderworks just was not cutting it for anything but internal conversations.  We ultimately made the jump to Lumion when they got the Sync Plugin.  Hard bill to sallow, but it immediately uped our game.  More and more - I think that VW should concentrate more on these 3rd party solutions and less on Renderworks.  

• Like 1