Twinmotion Plugin + Sync

Tom Klaber

Question

The biggest problem with concentrating on OpenGL is that it is being deprecated.  Slowly.  These developers are going to have to re-write a lot of code in a couple years.  Vectorworks is already working on the problem to stay ahead of the game.  So.  You can either write for the latest OpenGL and see it wash away, or you can future-proof with code for the replacement render engines.

I agree, though, that a good stop-gap would be to have a better export option to get textured models into these other renderers.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JRA-Vectorworks-CAD said:

@JuanP I have a new contact at Epic Games if that is helpful as I really think Vectorworks need to engage with Twinmotion now they are giving it away for free, as everyone will be using it in the future (why would they not try it if its totally free to use and keep). Please email or Skype me if you like?

@JRA-Vectorworks-CAD thanks I will reach out to you via PM.

• Like 1
On 5/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, mjm said:

All the above is glorious. Thanks to all who contributed. Anyone exploring TwinMotion for Stage/Event-type cueing, changing lighting states, etc?

Yes - but haven't had proper time to dig in yet.  It's on the radar though.  Just.need.to.clone.myself.

• Like 2

Twinmotion finally allows the level of rendering that I had hoped to get from Vectorworks. 

Aside from core VW stability my biggest request is to add a plugin so that VW can seamlessly update the model with Twinmotion.

I'd love to make this my primary workflow (for presentations) but would prefer not to start over every time the design changes.

Here's my first project using the two together.

1851257586_WI-Pavilion_ConceptArt.thumb.jpg.0a9e59a50d7b68796c1dcbe68caeec12.jpg

• Like 2

TM and VW works really well via FBX, i had also experience in movie with artlantis and sometimes VW but TM really do fast what you need (more in animation than in renderings). To be honest actually via FBX you can update the scene with 2 cliks: export FBX from VW and than reload the scene. Stop. So.. you can work really well right now with these 2 softwares..

• Like 4

@Amorphous - Julian Dont get me wrong. Cinema 4D can produce stunning renders, but it very deep and has a huge learning curve to get great results. Twinmotion was an easy choice as it runs on Mac, and no its even simpler as its FREE until November since Epic squired it. I am very hopeful that we will see a more direct link between Vectorworks and Twinmotion soon in the future as its would make complete sense for Vectorworks users now that SketchUp has a direct link already as well as ArchiCAD and Revit.