Hybrid Symbols inserted on working planes ?

Andy Lightning

Question

HI VW,

Could we one day soon please be able to place Hybrid symbols onto working planes? I would love to see this the ability added . Currently the work loads to place lighting symbols on faces that are set on many angles are just to  time consuming. I will even change the creative idea of a set piece, just so I don't have to spend many hours typing in degrees into the 3D XYZ fields. 

Currently I can set a working plane to planar face, which is great. But if I could then add lighting symbol to that face. It would be awesome!!!

I am not sure if anyone understands what I mean. Maybe there is another way to this too.

thanks

Andy

"Hybrid symbols can only be inserted on a working plane that is parallel to the active layer plane. When inserting a hybrid symbol, if the working plane is not parallel to the active layer plane, the working plane is moved to, and aligned with, the active layer plane."

6 answers to this question

Yes, retaining top plan view would be useful for the 2D drafting. If we could just place the symbols quicker in 3D.

Here attached is an example. To be able to place symbols as quick as I normally can on a layer plane, but now to every face of say this hemisphere. Once I have made all of my  working planes and saved them. Then In go the Hybrid symbols.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 11.14.49 PM.png

So, working planes  and adding symbols are now working better for me. Great. thank you mark.

As I get into the working planes I have saved, I try to edit the axis of Workplane that I have saved and  I realise that I can't 'Redefine" a Saved workspace like I would for a saved view.

Am I missing something? Or is the workflow to edit a saved working plane as I see it?

- select the working plane I have saved, then double click the centre of working plane until the red, green and blue dots appear , then adjust the rotation , then when I try to save with the same name, I see I can't do this, so I have to save this new working plane with a new name, delete the old one and re edit the new name to my preferred working plane name.?