Unable to select from other layer or class

Juay

Question

Hi all,

I seem to be unable to select objects from other layers other than the one from my active layer.

It seem to me the only way to go about doing it is to right click the object and choosing force select.

I have checked online and the impression I get is that i shouldn't have to do this as my setting for my class is "show/snap/modify others".

However, in my 3rd screenshot as i dragged my cursor over the area shown, only my 2 lights fixture turn orange(this orange did not appear in my screenshot) and not the 2 rectangles which are TVs.

This is the same when i try to click on any other thing.

Does anyone know if i need to check on any other settings?

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.33.20 am.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.33.25 am.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.35.02 am.png

3 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Layer scales must be the same to work between layers. 

Maybe Something in the Unified View Options?

Hi Pat

All scales are 1:1.

I clicked on unified views and it worked after that. Not sure what was it I did before that which resulted in this problem but thanks!

The problem was likely that the layers were in different views. It has been such a long time since I worked without Unified View I had forgotten that requirement.

Unified View  basically makes sure that all the layers visible are of the same scale and same view. If you change the view on a layer, all the other layers switch also.  With Unified View off, you can end up with one view in Top and another in Front.

• Like 1