Roof Truss tool

Rico2surf

Question

Over the years I have kept wondering when VW will incorporate a Roof Truss tool, such that we could create a 2D/3D residential roof truss - which are used extensively in residential architecture.  Currently I have to create a truss profile in 2D elevation view and extrude . . . very time consuming with no easy editing.  With all the current super tools like Marrionette, Subdivision, Loft Surfaces, etc., I would like VW to continue to support the basics, as well as being innovative with the new tools you create.

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

Thought about this often and always come back to engineering. Achieving a graphic representation is easy if this tool were available it should work with loading to produce truss plus use grade of timber. Where you want girder trusses etc.

will think about marionette and see what's possible.

I appreciate your points and admit, when I thought about having this tool years ago, I was just wanting a truss representation, with a few options for commons, mono, scissor, parallel chord, etc.  But you are correct and could be the block to getting this included . . . engineering.  However thinking about the recent improvement to the spotlight lighting trusses, they are able to input the loading, and would assume materials.

I am not in to Marionette yet, but you make it sound possible.  True??

Thanks again,

Richard