Workspace / Plugin Sync between Laptop/Desktop

Hi!  I have a MacPro Desktop and MacBook Pro laptop w/ VW Spotlight 2017.  I use the Desktop for 90% of my work and the laptop for 10% (airplanes/site surveys/etc),  never using them both simultaneously.   I am trying to have my plugins/works spaces/pio defaults stay in sync between the machines so when I have to leave town with my laptop it's the same user experience as home.  (from a UI standpoint) 

Currently I'm using resilo-sync to have a two-way sync of these folders:

/Users/*user name*/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks (for workspace/3rd party plugins/custom title blocks etc)

/Applications/Vectorworks 2017/Plug-Ins  (for pio defaults)

This setup works ok,  but VW asks me to activate it anytime I switch between the machines,  not a big deal,  but slightly annoying.     I'm sure I'm doing this a dumb way,  looking for any suggestions to improve on this.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you can configure the sync utility to ignore the Certificate A and B files, then the activation issue should not occur. I am not familiar with that applications settings, but you could either explude those items specifically or manually target the subfolders (Settings, Libraries, Workspaces etc) in the user folder rather than the whole user folder itself if you cant set it to ignore certain files.

• Like 1

I do something similar. But I use dropbox to hold "Master" files of all my resource library items such as hatches symbols etc and then add shortcuts of these to the library files in my User/Library/Application Support......... folders on each computer. Seems to work well although did take a few hours to set up.

• Like 1