Graphical problem with moving groups

hughmitchell

Question

I am having a problem where when I 'move by point' a group. It moves the bounding box but not the actual line work. I have to delete the group and then undo the delete to get the group to display properly. This happens on every group i try to 'move by point'.

Does anyone have any solutions? 

many thanks, 

H

2 answers to this question

Have you tried copy/pasting the group into a new file to see if it behaves the same way? My guess is that the group contains a mix of screen plane and layer plane objects and Vectorworks is getting confused when moving them together as a group. I've seen a bit of weirdness caused by this in the past especially if you're moving things in a view other than Top/Plan.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister

Have you tried forcing a screen redraw (double click on the Pan tool or double tap the Pan tool shortcut key, H in the default workspaces)?

In Vectorworks Settings, Display tab at the bottom, what do you have Navigation Graphics set for? If it is set for Best Performance, try the compatibility settings and see if that helps.