jweston

Fixture Positional Tag represents Tail

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

Is there a list of fixtures that have the "Positional Tag" has been applied to? In making the switch from 3d Studio Max, not having the info of Tail location makes this transition nearly impossible.

Thanks.

I think @Rob Bookscan answer this a bit better, but most newer fixtures should have tails attached to the geometry, I know they are in the process of adding them to the fixtures that didn't have them previously. 

All Moving Lights and LED fixtures, other than conventional style LED, will have tail locations in separate 2D and 3D classes with the release of VW2018.  But this is just for the VW content, At this time the geometry for fixtures does not go over to Vision, that geometry is set separately.  But I believe that Vision Geometry should have that included.

When you say the geometry for fixtures does not go over to vision, what do you mean? The use case is to place the fixture correctly in VW, allowing you to place the 3d fixture orientation as needed and being able to verify what the cable tail orientation is. Then once exported to vision I would no longer need to see this tail.

When you place a lighting instrument in VW, you need to set the Fixture mode for when you export to Vision (we have automated this somewhat).  This matches up to a different geometry and data file in Vision.  this is what gives the geometry in Vision and tells your board what the channels control.  I think @Mark Elihas placed similar geometry in the Vision symbols, but I am not 100% sure that all their symbols have that geometry.  and some of the geometry in Vision predates him.  Does that make sense?  I am pushing for a future version to have the ability to bring in our light geometry and the necessary structures, but that is still probably several years away.