Create Class From Object

ericjhberg

Question

13 answers to this question

I've been using Vectorworks since 1990 when it was MiniCad and I could have sworn the software had this feature at one time, a long time ago, in a previous version. Haven't needed it for a long time, but I was surprised when I couldn't find this command today. 

Edited by StephiPoole
Update Signature

Do you see the Create Class using Object Attributes option in the Architect workspace?

How old is your custom workspace? ie, when was the last time you recreated it using a default workspace for that version as a starting point? It might be that you have updated your workspace enough times that there are tools that are not present and that can't be added manually.

I seem to have the ability to edit that command in the Object Context menu in the VW2023 Designer workspace.

image.png.f522085ede43d3a7591cb327c7e058a0.png

• Like 2
On 7/27/2023 at 8:46 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Yes, If you can't add Contextual Menus and I can then there is something that going on the tech support can probably help with much faster than a dozen messages back and forth on the board.

Or just check the default 2023 workspaces and recreate yours based on the current shipping version.

I will try tech support before attempting to recreate my workspace from scratch. I've been developing my custom workspace since 1990. I had to recreate it a couple of times. Very laborious and time consuming. But if I only have to do it once every few years or so, I guess it's not that bad. It's probably a good idea to do the housekeeping and keep it fresh.

Lots of screen shots. If only there was a way to print out the workspace from the editor, as it appears in the editor.

Thank you, Pat!!!

• Like 1