Gaming to check our work?

it just hit me...someone wants to spends $27 million for a facility to do something.

equipment & material are coming and going...& they try to explain it

many different situations arise during the year that change the dynamics of the facility...(when to use well water and when to use city for example)

and we try to show all this with a site plan with a few arrows showing flow and we think we got it all worked out!?

yikes! we are just thrashing around in the dark here!

this all needs to be run in a simulation

how in the world can anyone design a complicated facility w/o gaming it?

what am i missing?

@digitalcarbon

Try exporting via parasolid to multiphysics programs like Ansys, Comsol and the like,  then deliver the optimised data presentations precisely to clients via apps.

The problem is they (the FEM software companies) aren't interested in Artists & Architects as the profits are too low.. tho autodesk is, if you ask me not having multiphysics simulations is a shortfall in Nemetschek's overall strategy 

OK, the echoing switch sound is impressive, but it provides no indication of who/how the switch is activated. The cursor moved around and the sound happened, then more cursor movement with monolog. Not clear, to me anyway, why or when the switches are activated. Would this video suffice as simulation? Seems a more detailed animation would be required displaying liquid levels rising and falling in the (2d or 3d) tanks associated with a clear graphic scheme showing response of liquid to each switch. But I like it anyway!

-B

Simulations offer choices and involve data?

IMO Clients arent interested in gaming iterations, Trial & Error,etc

It's a waste of resources. they just want the best or optimal  solution,  proofs with Checks & Balances.

Check out re-engineering simulation  algorithms    you aren't likely to get that here with VWs