Selection Marquee Disappears

MeTheMachine

Question

My selection marquee disappeared for some reason.

Is this something I could have toggled off by chance?  I have closed the file, reopened, and it still doesn't work. However, closing Vectorworks and reopening corrects the problem. 

I checked in the Preferences>Interactive and all the settings are correct. 

597b3422616b6_ScreenCaptureon2017-07-28at08-52-41.gif.1d3aa6a0faf84783b3c78b50e9ee1c25.gif

7 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

I see this too occasionally. One way I reset is change class or layer visibility in the Navigation Palette, then change it back. Your equipment is more powerful than mine, so should be able to maintain selection marquee. No clue why this happens.

-B

Good to know.  I tried switching back and forth between layers, but not changing visibility.  I'll try this next time it happens.

It's usually because the 3rd mode group gets accidentally reset - by pressing o accidentally, however I've noticed this happening more often than ever before so I'm not sure if it's not a bug.

Anyhoo with the Selection tool active press the letter o once or twice depending on your current mode to return to the marquee mode of the selection tool.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 8.41.00 AM.png

Edited by bcd