Christiaan

End of the road for Vectorworks 2009 on Mac?

Question

I've just noticed Vectorworks 2009 is having trouble starting up on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

It seems to be choking on opening the Architects Workspace. On all previous versions of the OS it opened up in a flash. End of the road for v2009 perhaps?

11 answers to this question

Problem solved. Installed a VM of Mac OS X 10.11 under VMware Fusion and am successfully running it under that :)

• Like 1

Almost assuredly by now. We had users reporting problems with it as early as 10.8, it would not surprise me at all for it to be completely incompatible with a modern OS.

2 hours ago, JimW said:

incompatible with a modern OS

Isn't there something to do with Apple quicktime ?

I remember someone saying to me ages ago that they installed a legacy version of quicktime and it brought it back to life... Just a thought

Just now, RussU said:

I remember someone saying to me ages ago that they installed a legacy version of quicktime and it brought it back to life... Just a thought

That trick worked on Windows, Apple won't let you get away with it on macOS.

• Like 1

what a trickster!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, Christiaan.  My macbook has been crashing constantly running Vectorworks 2013 after upgrading to Sierra. 

Now, to track down a copy of El Capitan...   :(

12 hours ago, jeffroyer said:

Now, to track down a copy of El Capitan...   :(

Purchases list in App Store on your Mac?

Sadly, no.  Lion is there under purchases but the brilliant folks at Apple won't let me download it again.