Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Wrapper vs Network

RickR

Here is a puzzle for the brain trust and probably tech support or higher.

A Mul node gave me an error when in a wrapper. Note that something else seems wrong in the wrapped version as it suddenly stopped editing properly.

I'm fine now that I copied everything to a new file. It all works either way. But here is the offending file for those wanting to dig into the dark hole of why these things go bad.

Traveler_with_mul_error.vwx

Did you clear the cache as stated in the following post? If that doesn't fix it I think you just have to chalk it up to being a mystery. I would say to send it to tech support, but since Marissa and I have both tried the problem with no issue, I doubt that would help.  The next step would be to install VW if you want to go that far.

I'm on 2017 SP4 and just did an update check.

I think I got that cache, Pat seems to using Mac names. I did

C:\Users\rick\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2017\Plug-ins\RuntimeCache and

C:\Users\rick\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2017\Plug-ins\Marionette\__pycache__

The whole issue of the difference between what's in a file and what can be captured in copy seems to be becoming more common.