7 and more hour render

zeno

@zeno.  Excellent work sir.  Looks like the tips are working for ya.  Your texturing is great on all objects (the sofa is excellent) except the floor...your last pic makes the floor look like its got water on it.  To much reflection and what I'm guessing is bump.  Otherwise, again really great work.

1 hour ago, Markvl said:

@zeno.  Excellent work sir.  Looks like the tips are working for ya.  Your texturing is great on all objects (the sofa is excellent) except the floor...your last pic makes the floor look like its got water on it.  To much reflection and what I'm guessing is bump.  Otherwise, again really great work.

Thank you, Markvl

I know about the sofa.. it is a payment model available on a very good site (it's my home's sofa :-) )

For the floor: I know, it's bad. But it's for extremely hurry!

Next time I will learn how to set a correct personalized texture and how to have volumetric light from heliodon.

Bye! :-)

GI

Global Illumination.

Calculation of indirect Light that bounces between surfaces and lights shadow areas.

DOF

Depth of Field

Like in real Photography. Depending on your Film/Sensor size, Aperture and Focal distance,

you have one sharp focal point distance and everything more near or far away from it gets

more and more blurred.

AA

Antialiazing

Smoothing of lines or edges that appear at an angle that does not fit the pixel raster and

would look like a stair without AA.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Can Jim W or moderators add roll over definitions to the acronyms? (GI, DOF, AA, etc)

There should be or maybe there already is an index of those acronyms in general.

People oustide of this forum may also wonder when they read things like :

VP, DL vs SL, OIP, PIO, EAP, .....

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Can Jim W or moderators add roll over definitions to the acronyms? (GI, DOF, AA, etc)

2 hours ago, zoomer said:

GI

Global Illumination.

Calculation of indirect Light that bounces between surfaces and lights shadow areas.

DOF

Depth of Field

Like in real Photography. Depending on your Film/Sensor size, Aperture and Focal distance,

you have one sharp focal point distance and everything more near or far away from it gets

more and more blurred.

AA

Antialiazing

Smoothing of lines or edges that appear at an angle that does not fit the pixel raster and

would look like a stair without AA.

Added! Might take a bit to start showing the new hover-over tips.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, zoomer said:

Maybe even a mouse over tool tip like message in the forum for VW abbreviations would be nice :)

That exists now, I don't know if all browsers will support it, I'm always on Chrome:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 1.51.40 PM.png

Been adding them as I come across them.

5 hours ago, JimW said:

That exists now, I don't know if all browsers will support it, I'm always on Chrome:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 1.51.40 PM.png

Been adding them as I come across them.

That is a xactly what I meant.

Never seen this so far, I'm on standard Safari, iOS currently.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @ZenoI just stumbled upon this post and could not help noticing that row of books in your image. If you ever need to place different styles of books on a shelf, here's a Marionette I made for just this purpose. I have just updated it so it can be freely copied and pasted between files (VWX 2018 only, though). Feel free to download and use it. I would love to see some renderings using the books :-)

9 hours ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Hey @ZenoI just stumbled upon this post and could not help noticing that row of books in your image. If you ever need to place different styles of books on a shelf, here's a Marionette I made for just this purpose. I have just updated it so it can be freely copied and pasted between files (VWX 2018 only, though). Feel free to download and use it. I would love to see some renderings using the books :-)

Hello Stephan! Thank you so much for you help. Off course i will reply this renderings with the 2018 version as soon as possibile!

Just a complement on your work. It is impressive.  From a practical standpoint if this is for a client even the worst of the ones you have done is enough to give them a really good idea of how your design  will look, so I would suggest you not lose too much time/money trying to make the renderings perfect.  

By the way is that all of the kitchen?  I see you have an American size refrigerator  and just one small sink.  Is there more kitchen to the right side?  I love the overall look.  

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2017 at 10:10 PM, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Dear Stephan,

Incredible! Really amazing Marionette.

Cheers,

Peter

• 1 year later...

This is one of the better and more informative threads about Rendering settings I've seen. Threads like this can be so helpful for those of us using Renderworks, whether beginner or advanced. Thanks, Zeno for initiating it (great work!) and thanks all for the terrific information concerning ways to improve and speed up rendering time.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 3:27 PM, Steven Kenzer said:

This is one of the better and more informative threads about Rendering settings I've seen. Threads like this can be so helpful for those of us using Renderworks, whether beginner or advanced. Thanks, Zeno for initiating it (great work!) and thanks all for the terrific information concerning ways to improve and speed up rendering time.

You’re welcome