JimW

Teaser Tuesday - Multiple Drawing Views - Vectorworks 2018

106 posts in this topic

I just made the best discovery ever about the Multiple Pane View feature - different views can have different Plane settings. This is an amazing thing. Now my 3d view can have a Layer Plane or Automatic setting but my orthographic views can be set to Screen Plane....... I cannot begin to express how excited I am about this :D:D:D

Kevin

I'm trying to decide if I like the pre-selection highlighting and automatic working plane highlighting as I roll over "inactive" panes to choose tools or access the menus..... anyone else have thoughts on this?

Kevin

I like that the panes change activation when you hover over one and use your scroll wheel to zoom.

(The C4D Style)

Unfortunately I usually have no access to a Zoom Wheel with my Pen input.

:$

I've been trying some things out, LOVE this feature. Something I am not able to edit a symbol in 2d in one pane and 3D in another one, is this bug or feature?

Also, is there any way to make the pane disposition saved in the user prefs? So when activated the default is to each users preference?

20 minutes ago, Gaspar Potocnik said:

I've been trying some things out, LOVE this feature. Something I am not able to edit a symbol in 2d in one pane and 3D in another one, is this bug or feature?

I'm going to guess this is working as designed although its a little odd to have the 3d viewports go blank (or perhaps its just the symbol that disappears) when you edit the 2d portion of the symbol. Someone mentioned a limitation of not being able to cross between 2d and 3d pane views with tools and I would expect this is related.

20 minutes ago, Gaspar Potocnik said:

Also, is there any way to make the pane disposition saved in the user prefs? So when activated the default is to each users preference?

Multiple View Panes seems to remember the last setup you had when you toggle it on and off and this state seems to be saved with a file. I don't think there's anything beyond this so far. There was a wish list item for saving a group of panes/views.

Kevin

On 9/16/2017 at 4:56 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

Multiple View Panes seems to remember the last setup you had when you toggle it on and off and this state seems to be saved with a file. I don't think there's anything beyond this so far. There was a wish list item for saving a group of panes/views.

Yes, you are able to open the file with the same pane configurations when you save it.

In addition, you can also choose to save as a template so that you will have the same pane configurations when you create a new file with the template.