Linear Material Hatch attributes

Hi everyone. 

I'm wondering if there is still no way to change the graphic attributes of the hatches that are currently linked to the linear material tool? In my current experience, I still can't see any way to edit or change the line-weight or colour of the hatch (not showing as a resource).

I found several threads regarding the same frustration but they were from a few years ago. Is it still the case where you can't adjust line-weight or colour of the pattern in a linear material preset? Also, the jagged edge of the plastic stucco material is highly irritating as it requires the use of a fill overtop to square it off. 

Anyone have any suggestions/work arounds??

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hi Archdaly

I spent a long time today trying to find out if this could be done. The linear material tool seems to be controlled by a vector script plugin, so if you know anyone smart enough to be able to edit it, then it might be possible. Unfortunately I am not clever enough for that, but I do have a slightly crappy workaround. 

I only really use the tool for drawing plasterboard details (gyp. bd.) so needed to change the hatch as it is really stupidly heavy lineweight. The best solution I can find is to basically turn the hatch off by setting the density to zero and then giving it a fill with a normal hatch (I used 'sand').

As I said, it's a bit crappy but worked for my purposes. My computer seems to run a bit faster too, in the Vectorworks help it actually mentions that the stipple fill it uses may lead to slow rendering. 

Best of luck,

Matt