Imporved Seating Numbering

bcd

Question

I know there is an extensive thread on seating already but this wish relates specifically to numbering  https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/35823-eventtheatre-seating-is-there-any-information-on-this.

When I edit seating I can move seats to an arrangement which is impossible via the PIO controls.

Then exiting the edit seating I have my ideal seating arrangement complete with section name, counts etc.

BUT - now I want the PIO to number the seats & rows in the new custom arrangement but it fails to number the new arrangement and instead tries to revert to an unwanted parametric layout.

I wish the Seating Section PIO to be able to auto/semi-auto - identify and label rows, numbering and direction of custom placed seats.

Edited by bcd

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello VW user,

I am the developer who is responsible for Seating Section implementation. I see what are your concerns and I know for this problem.

For now, we have a command "Number Seats...". You can access it from the context menu(right click on the seating section). The command is not a big deal. Just gives you the possibility to renumber your seating section, manually. The command is slightly improved in VW2018. For some SP or VW2019, I think it would be a good idea to add automation for this numbering command (it could be similar to the "Number Instruments" menu command). If you have any other question or wishes, feel free to post them.

Best regards,

Asen Valchev