Coming Soon - Teaser Tuesdays

26 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I'd love some teasers on basic fixes. Scaled symbols are a big example..... are they reliable in 2018? I fight against them on almost every project.

Kevin

Yes all the unsexy stuff that really makes the updates worth while but never makes promotional material.

• Like 4
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I don't have final say over the list of leaks, but I'll do what I can! There is one simple little inconspicuous button in particular being added in 2018 that will please many, many people that work with Wall Styles regularly.

(The first one to be leaked will NOT be small however, because it's one I've been waiting to announce for like... 7 years and I still might explode beforehand.)

• Like 1

But also, JUST after release, I'll be getting together a list of those smaller un-featured-features that will be of interest and posting it here with explanations. I dislike when they fall through the cracks as well.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, JimW said:

I don't have final say over the list of leaks, but I'll do what I can! There is one simple little inconspicuous button in particular being added in 2018 that will please many, many people that work with Wall Styles regularly.

I think teasers is a better word..... :D

2 hours ago, JimW said:

(The first one to be leaked will NOT be small however, because it's one I've been waiting to announce for like... 7 years and I still might explode beforehand.)

Hmmm, that makes me think one of the big back end transitions is complete....

KM

2 hours ago, JimW said:

one simple little inconspicuous button in particular being added in 2018 that will please many, many people that work with Wall Styles regularly.

Aha - the first leak - an ALL BY CLASS button!?

Or a USE WALL PROFILE button?

Or CREATE MASTER STYLE button?

On 7/23/2017 at 7:41 AM, Matt Overton said:

I sure hope you plan to tease early Tuesday so they happen Wednesday not Thursday around here. 

Inevitably when I get specific about times, the universe conspires against me. In lieu of that I'll just say that you shouldn't be too far delayed.

On 2017-07-22 at 6:00 AM, JimW said:

But also, JUST after release, I'll be getting together a list of those smaller un-featured-features that will be of interest and posting it here with explanations. I dislike when they fall through the cracks as well.

This would be GREAT... Thanks Jim!

It is a bit like the 2017 announcement of the Revit import feature.

If I read Teaser Tuesdays I immediately think about every Tuesday until release date.

But mathematically Tuesdays means just more than 1 Tuesday, so at least 2 Tuesdays.

So including today, there might be 7-8 Tuesdays left to plan the second event.

Edited by zoomer

It will be the large majority of the tuesdays, we just aren't going to release a schedule or guarantee every single item, as there are a LOT of things going on here now with both the Summit and release coming up. It isn't that we don't want to share, we just want to make sure the Teaser Tuesday project is successful and something that we can continue with hopefully even after release. We have many things planned.

• Like 1