Sign in to follow this  
grant_PD

Renderworks is caching my model and not updating it - VB-153945

Question

I have a rough white model that I am looking at via a camera, I get there via a saved view. As I go through updating each model piece and add detail, replacing the old geometry with more detailed geometry, I started looking at the camera view with a renderworks style: no textures, ambient occlusion, etc.  But the renders keep showing up with the old geometry, not the new.  If I shut down and restart Vw then the geometry updates. 

7 answers to this question

I have seen this frequently myself. I highly suspect it is related to the issues of viewports going solid black or white as well. 

It SEEMS to be exacerbated by the use of the Visualization palette... but I use this palette so frequently that it's hard to remember to turn it off and test without it for a long stint. 

More of the same today. I thought I had caught it by turning off a layer or two. But now I cannot find a rhyme or reason to it.

Now I have viewports that won't render in OpenGL.  Shutting down and restarting doesn't seem to help.

Do newly created viewports of the same scene exhibit the same problem? Or does it seem to occur in specific VPs only?

Seems specific.  This latest culprit was a section from a plan that I had already made other, functioning sections from. I tried deleting the section and remaking it. Nothing. I tried using a renderworks style that I use, not working. Finally I got it to work by removing the indirect lighting from the renderworks style and using ambient+A.O.  That works, but much slower than OpenGL. 

More of this today. I thought I had the issue fixed by getting rid of all indirect lighting and just going with ambient, +A.O.  But there would still be times when I have to stop what I'm doing, shut down or restart Windows just to get it back to working again.  Something hogging all of the memory?  I recall seeing someone having issues with their renders when batch rendering that showed out of memory as well just recently.