Changing units on elevation benchmarks

wingchudesign

Question

9 answers to this question

It looks like Vectorworks 2019 has added an option called "Elevation Units"in the Object Info palette which allows you to have a different unit setting for Stake objects than the unit setting for the overall drawing.  However, how would one go about changing all the Stake objects in a drawing universally from one setting to another?  

If you make a two way data base worksheet with stake objects as the criteria and elevation units listed as a record field then the worksheet shld find all your stake objects and you can globally change the settings for all of them from the worksheet. 

14 hours ago, Boh said:

If you make a two way data base worksheet with stake objects as the criteria and elevation units listed as a record field then the worksheet shld find all your stake objects and you can globally change the settings for all of them from the worksheet. 

Boh,

Thank you for responding.  What you suggest is exactly what I did.  I have created a worksheet to show all the stake objects in my drawing, I have the worksheet displaying the "Elevation Units" setting, and I can edit each line individually, but I guess I am at a loss as to how to "globally change" all of them at once.  I have tried selecting all the rows in the worksheet and clicking the "select item" option, but it only picks one of the stake objects.  Alternatively, trying to select all the "Elevation Units" fields and clicking the arrow pull-down menu, which conveniently show the alternate settings, only changes one item of the selection.  Where is the "Global Change" option?

Thank you for your help!

Hi isn

Click on the little arrow in the units database column header and select ‘summarise’. 

All the rows with the same settings will combine to one row and you can then toggle the settings for all the items summarised in that row. 

• Like 1