Jump to content
  • 0

can I put a custom image into a library for Video Screen, Television Screen, etc?


grant_PD

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The should work if you place them in: /Applications/Vectorworks 2017/Libraries/Defaults/Video Screen/Screen Images, save, then restart Vectorworks.

However, contrary to the fact that they are "images" they have to be a Renderworks Texture, then they should be picked up as a default selection in the Edit Screen Image dialog.

Link to comment
  • 0
1 hour ago, JimW said:

The should work if you place them in: /Applications/Vectorworks 2017/Libraries/Defaults/Video Screen/Screen Images, save, then restart Vectorworks.

However, contrary to the fact that they are "images" they have to be a Renderworks Texture, then they should be picked up as a default selection in the Edit Screen Image dialog.

 

Would it not be better to put them in the User folder   ..../Libraries/Defaults/Video Screen/Screen Images rather than in the Applications folder? Less risk of them being overwritten by an update or a reinstall of VW.

 

Another option would be to create a workgroup or project folder if these "images" need to be shared with others.

 

Default content can be located in any of the above locations (Applications, User folder, Workgroup folder). Workgroup folder can be located almost anywhere you want. Applications and User folder are fixed paths. Check the Help for the exact paths required for Mac and Windows. The only trick is that once you get the Defaults folder, the folder names for each content type must be exactly the same as what is used in the Applications path for the resources to be found.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Would it not be better to put them in the User folder   ..../Libraries/Defaults/Video Screen/Screen Images rather than in the Applications folder? Less risk of them being overwritten by an update or a reinstall of VW.


This is MORE correct than my original answer.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 7/19/2017 at 12:08 AM, Pat Stanford said:

 

Would it not be better to put them in the User folder   ..../Libraries/Defaults/Video Screen/Screen Images rather than in the Applications folder? Less risk of them being overwritten by an update or a reinstall of VW.

 

Another option would be to create a workgroup or project folder if these "images" need to be shared with others.

 

Default content can be located in any of the above locations (Applications, User folder, Workgroup folder). Workgroup folder can be located almost anywhere you want. Applications and User folder are fixed paths. Check the Help for the exact paths required for Mac and Windows. The only trick is that once you get the Defaults folder, the folder names for each content type must be exactly the same as what is used in the Applications path for the resources to be found.

I'm new here. Does the image needs to be in vwx. or any others?

Link to comment
  • 0

Yes the images need to be Renderworks Textures saved in a VWX file. You can have as many textures in a single file as you want, or you can split and put each in a different file. Personally, I would probably put as many in a file as I could to make file management easier. So all the similar images for a show in one file and then possibly a separate file for the next show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Yes the images need to be Renderworks Textures saved in a VWX file. You can have as many textures in a single file as you want, or you can split and put each in a different file. Personally, I would probably put as many in a file as I could to make file management easier. So all the similar images for a show in one file and then possibly a separate file for the next show.

 

That's answer my question. Thank you Pat. Very much appreciated.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...