Crash when using add surface...

Hi

First off i am using a G5 with VW 10.5.1 and Mac OS 10.3.2. I have noticed recently that when working on a VW file that was created in a previous version of VW that i get a crash when trying to 'Add Surface' on two objects. The interesting thing is that one of the objects is always a circle or abject with a curve in it somewhere. I have been able to replicate this on other various machines in the office running the same software versions. It dosent happen on files that where created in VW 10.5. Is this a recognised bug and is there a fix....?

Richie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just found a huge bug in add surface when used with small objects.

this happens here on every file and is 100% reproducable.

Create a new file, with scale 1:100 or 1:20 even. Create a circle with diameter 1mm. draw a rectangle, say 2x8mm. Make sure the objects overlap, select both and use "add surface".

VectorWorks 10.5.1 on OS X 10.3.6 or OS 9.2.2 will crash on all of our machines, every time.

I don't usually draw objects that small, still, VW bombing out like this in such a situation is pretty bad.