Special Effects in Vision

Guest Beckstorm

Currently, this is not possible in Vision 2017. A work around would be to put in a video screen and playback the pyro as a video file.  It is something we are looking into but don't currently have a time line on.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 7:17 AM, BrandonSPP said:

Currently, this is not possible in Vision 2017. A work around would be to put in a video screen and playback the pyro as a video file.  It is something we are looking into but don't currently have a time line on.  

Do the Fountain People Fixtures we had custom made eons ago no longer work?  They still exist in the resource browser..... 

Guest Beckstorm

They were made for Vision 2 (Direct X) and have not been ported to Vision 2017 (Open GL).  It is on the list be we do not have a time frame currently.  I will let content know that they should be pulled as they are not currently supported.   

On 8/9/2017 at 6:54 AM, BrandonSPP said:

They were made for Vision 2 (Direct X) and have not been ported to Vision 2017 (Open GL).  It is on the list be we do not have a time frame currently.  I will let content know that they should be pulled as they are not currently supported.   

Bummer. Hope to see them soon. Thanks for the info.

m

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 8/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, scottmoore said:

That is odd. I recall in the early days of Vision seeing a demo of a song by Evanesssence I believe that included gerbs. I never had cause to use them but assumed that was part of Vision's functionality. 

Yeah, that would have been Vision 2.3, "Bring me to Life," back when that song was way too popular haha. See brandon's reply above, we plan on adding it, but we essentially have to build it from scratch.