Virtual Reality (VR) & (VRaugmented reality)

Hi, Now that I have figured this out its so quick to set up a model for the client to walk-through. I had a quite complicated white residential model and had it exported to Unity and up and running within an hour starting from scratch even with creating fancy teleport beams.

If anyone wants to do this i will gladly discuss this an will do a video on the setup, no programming ability needed.

Its a straight export from VW as .Obj files (all the items that have the same material for each obj exported) White model is great and quick. Then import to Unity and set up controllers and you are good to go.

I use HTC Vive.

@JimWSo Jim I want more (By the way Happy New Year) 

Now I am back at work I want to be modeling in VW and be able to slip on the HTCVive headset as does the designer any time and look around live. No pushing it to another program but directly within Vecterworks..

Currently its a 10 min task but I have to use another program.

Go and monster the rabble and hopefully we can do it soon.

Regards Alan

Hi, I have done a few video tutorials showing how to get your VW model into Unity and walk around in a virtual reality environment and interact with object, open close doors, pick up things etc.

Follow along and you will be able to create great Virtual Reality walkthroughs using the HTCVive.

This will be a series that teach you how to fix image props, add lights and open and close doors.

Get more out of your Vectorworks Model.

Start here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu1rytQwVao

Once you have set up this file it can be used over and over again as a template and just swap the model in and out.

Edited by Alan Woodwell