3D objects fade into texture

Judging by the tapered edges at the right-side of the 3D 'white' box it looks like it is intersecting with the 'blue' surface/ floor. You can still see the highlighted orange edge of the box at the right-hand side of the image.

Bringing objects to the 'front' has no impact on 3D objects that intersect each other.

Edited by rDesign

Hi

Are these 3d objects? If they are then how they relate to each other in terms of visibility will be based on their relative Z heights.

Why not post your file, or if you prefer, then cut and paste the problem objects into a blank file that we can download? Then we make really constructive suggestions that will help you progress.

Hi

1. It seems you have many objects duplicated across both layers. This will cause confusion when trying to understand what is going on.
  2. The first thing I did was to put the roofs into a separate class so that I could hide them. This enabled me to see much more clearly what is going on.
  3. The steps you refer to are blending into the wall because they are indeed placed so that they intersect the wall behind. An easy way to see this is to look in Top view and then it becomes obvious. Maybe try and view using wireframe more. You can see a lot more of that kind of problem with this mode.
    596df9670d822_ScreenShot2017-07-18at13_04_00.png.7594d5f4d504696c3fea29eaf58152d3.png
    I model primarily in wireframe and constantly switch back and forth to OpenGL to check how things are looking. (Shift, cmd-G and Shift cmd-W are the shortcuts that make it really quick to do this.) If you want to model in Open GL all the time, then try using the X-Ray mode (B key pressed down will reveal the wireframe behind the OpenGL textures) This is fantastically useful.

4. There are quite a lot of 2d objects on the drawing that are obscuring the 3d geometry. Many others here will have different approaches but I try and keep my 2d only objects on the Screen Plane so that when I am in a 3D view (anything other that Top/Plan) they disappear. You can change this setting in View Menu/Unified View Settings.
    596df7b53d689_ScreenShot2017-07-18at12_57_16.png.1488105ad9ae88a6c978ea22c4af3fcd.png

5. I can't find the objects that relate to your earlier problem (grey pole/blue shape)

Let us know if there is anything else. There will no doubt be other folk who will have loads of advice to offer you. Check out the Vectorworks Youtube channel as well.

• Like 1