Background/Theme Color

MultipleWays

Question

As far as I can tell, there is only a choice of black or white for background color.  It would be nice to have a medium gray background (or scalable brightness).  

Same goes for palletes and general theme of the UI.  

This request is in an effort to help with eye fatigue.  I find other programs that use a dark theme are much easier on the eyes over long periods.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

You can toggle the background color if you would like by clicking on "Vectorworks Preferences" in the Tools menu, then selecting the "Interactive" tab on the dialog box, and then pressing the "Interactive Appearance Settings" button at the bottom of the dialog box. Within these settings you can change the default colors of either the "white" or "black" backgrounds. 

33 minutes ago, B_Kali said:

You can toggle the background color if you would like by clicking on "Vectorworks Preferences" in the Tools menu, then selecting the "Interactive" tab on the dialog box, and then pressing the "Interactive Appearance Settings" button at the bottom of the dialog box. Within these settings you can change the default colors of either the "white" or "black" backgrounds. 

Thank you for the reply.
Under the Black Background tab, it doesn't have an option to change the Top/Plan background color.  I would like to make the change here because the white background is useful to reference.

Also, I don't see any settings here to change palette or overall theme color.