Irrigation tools and a looped mainline

You are correct, the current irrigation tools cannot account for true looped mainline connections which, as I am sure you know, can dramatically lessen pressure loss in a large system.

I have put together a quick dummy test showing how VW currently handles looped mainlines and what should be closer based on real rough personal calculations.

The following article explains some of the benefits and calculations for looped mainlines, so hopefully VW will catch on with the irrigation tools soon. They are definitely designed for much smaller irrigation installations than many larger landscape architecture practices design.

https://www.irrigationtutorials.com/using-a-looped-mainline-for-irrigation/

Looped Mainline Test.vwx

• Like 1

You are correct, the current irrigation tools cannot account for true looped mainline connections which, as I am sure you know, can dramatically lessen pressure loss in a large system.

I have put together a quick dummy test showing how VW currently handles looped mainlines and what should be closer based on real rough personal calculations.

The following article explains some of the benefits and calculations for looped mainlines, so hopefully VW will catch on with the irrigation tools soon. They are definitely designed for much smaller irrigation installations than many larger landscape architecture practices design.

https://www.irrigationtutorials.com/using-a-looped-mainline-for-irrigation/

Looped Mainline Test.vwx

• 2 years later...

Has any progress been making looped mainlines functional in VW?  This is important!

I have been teaching myself how to use the VW tools on small projects and had some success.

However, I am sensing I may encounter some huge disappointments if I try to use it on my large commercial work.