distance measurement

hello

I've been dealing with this issue for a long time ...I thought it was not of a big deal until now that I have to repeat this process everytime I need to quantify the length of floor panels.

The plans were made in an old Vectorworks version and in the most primitive way, so the easiest way I found was to draw polygons arround the walls and then select all of them and see in the OIP the total sum of the polygons lengths. The problem comes when the length is of a straight line (meaning I couldnt form a polygon) then it will not be added to the perimeter sum. 

So ok, lets select all the polygons and find the total sum of their lengths, do the same with the lines and then just add both values... Now I see that the OIP will not give you the sum of all the lines lengths while selected :(....thats a must.. no?

I have drawn straight lines as polygons by adding a mid-point for 3 points instead of 2. Then it is a polygon you can measure.  We do this for our drain lines which are linear, and we always check to make sure someone didn't cheat before selecting all of that class for measurements.

Edited by Rossford
  • Like 1
On 13.7.2017 at 3:41 PM, Rossford said:

I have drawn straight lines as polygons by adding a mid-point for 3 points instead of 2. Then it is a polygon you can measure.  We do this for our drain lines which are linear, and we always check to make sure someone didn't cheat before selecting all of that class for measurements.

thanks Rossford! your method made my life easier :)