Survey won't import

We're having a problem.

Mac G4 Dual 1.25

OS 10.2.8

VW 10.5.1

I'm trying to import a survey file from our surveyor. I open a blank file, then import the DWG. The dialogue says "Loading File" then it says "Converting proxies to groups" at this point the application hangs and the status bar does not advance no matter how long we wait. I've gotten other files from this surveyor and not had any problems.

The DWG is 22.2 MB

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You need to wait a little while longer.

Sometimes the conversions can take a good bit of time, especially at that file size.

It also depends what's in the file. If it's heavy in 3d material, the process is going to be long.

Thanks Katie, we didn't have enough time to wait, so I used a copy of acad to explode the objects. It seems the proxies in Acad are something like plug-ins in VW and the surveyor was using one of these to make his contour lines, which were all 3-D. Once I exploded everything the file imported fine, but each contour line was made up of tens of thousands of line segments. The file ended up with 200,000 objects in it. Once I composed all the contours back into polygons the file is now relatively useful.