gfp38

Teigha Library Error

5 posts in this topic

I'm getting a 'Teigha Library Error' when exporting some DWGs. Does anyone know what this is?

Screenshot 2017-07-12 09.26.14.png

I don't know about the Teigha error, but have seen several threads about it. May want to search "Teigha" 

4 hours ago, gfp38 said:

I'm getting a 'Teigha Library Error' when exporting some DWGs. Does anyone know what this is?

To clarify, this is when you're EXPORTING or IMPORTING a DWG? 

If the error is occurring on import, then often the DWG format can be too new for the OpenDWG library to handle, but if you can send me the DWG in a direct message I can take a look.

For what it's worth, I have been getting this error in the last week while trying to import into VW2017 DWGs that were saved out of the latest version of Revit. By default, Revit saves as DWG 2018 format, according to the person sending me the files. They had to a manually down-save to a previous DWG version for me to use in VW2017.

Incidentally, I even tried opening the the DWG 2018 files in the A360 Viewer and not even THAT could open the files. Oh, the irony.

-Neil

Yes, dwg 2018 is too new for current VW2017. The Teigha libraries have been updated for dwg2018 but those are not implemented in VW2017. I think they will be in VW 2018.

ODA has a DWG converter that you can use "Teigha File Converter" which can be found at the following URL and is available for Win, Mac etc. (they also have a viewer for multiple platforms)

https://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles/teigha_file_converter