CraftyCat

Still a novice and still struggling to learn

He all, i have been trying to learn and convert to VW but finding very difficult. Coming from Adobe software it is confusing. I watch tutorials and read blogs but panicking as employers expecting more. Any suggestions??

yes get some 1 to 1 training asap......have you got vss i think you get half a day free with them 

i had 3 full days...when i started many years ago.....well worth the cash.......why don't you ask them to pay for a course......if cash is a problem to them offer to pay them back in installments

• Like 1

Phil, I feel you are so right. I am just getting more confused everyday. I am looking for 1-1 training in Dublin but struggling to find.

Hi CraftyCat,

We have different online options for 1-1 . Please reach out to training@vectorworks.net 

it's a daunting task when you first start using vectorworks.....i remember i came from old school marker visuals....rotoring pens...tracing paper and razor blades to scratch out mistakes and make changes....

looking at the interface for the first time....I think flying a 747 would be easier....but trust me when you get into and understand the fundamentals.....its great piece of software.....if i can do it...anyone can  LOL !!!!!!

remember easy jet and ryanair do some really cheap flights to the uk and i know there's training out there in the uk.....maybe costly in the short term....but in the long run it will pay dividends.....good luck my friend

VW needs to offer FREE, yes FREE tutorials for each individual target industry created by real industry professionals, not programmers. period.

It drives me absolutely crazy that vw hasn't figured out that there are likely thousands of professionals (I'm a landscape architect) using autocad, looking for an alternative, but don't make the leap because of the learning curve and associated unknowns of how the tools work and whether they even offer the funtionality they need. So they stick with AutoCAD or some other somftware.

Other programs offer extensive tutorials on very general and very specific workflows and tools. It makes converting that much easier and gives the new user peace of mind that they are investing time and energy into something that will do what they need it to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nca777 said:

VW needs to offer FREE, yes FREE tutorials for each individual target industry created by real industry professionals, not programmers. period.

I assume that you've already explored all of the various targeted Getting Started Guides on this page

5 hours ago, rDesign said:

I assume that you've already explored all of the various targeted Getting Started Guides on this page

Yes. The landmark gsg does not inspire confidence.

• Like 1

If you have Service Select there are topic specific resources.  There are also many You Tube movies by Vectorworks and others.

Service Select Content.png

I agree with everything here by my real eureka moment came after a days intensive one on one training. Best £300 I ever spent.